This policy, Version 1 is effective from November 29, 2022
- visitors of Wadiaa’ s websites, collectively, the “Wadiaa Platform,”
- individuals who interact with Wadiaa or its services as defined below, and
- individuals who create an account on the Wadiaa Platform, including “Fundraisers” and “Investors” (collectively, the “Users”).
- Personal Data: Refers to any information that is personally identifiable, including sensitive personal data or expression of opinion that relates directly or indirectly to a subject under consideration as part of a service or transaction initiated on the Wadiaa platform by the individual or initiated by a representative of the organization that the individual is affiliated to. This includes personal information, transactional history, and device information.
- Personal Information: Personal information includes information from which you may be identified both directly (from that information alone) and indirectly (when different pieces of information are combined) This includes, but is not limited to, information such as your full name, address, email, copies and details of identification documents (such as passport, national, resident, taxpayer identification or driver’s license), contact information, address proof (as obtained from bank statements, utility or telecom bills), gender, details of bank account, employment history, credit and references check, marital status, commission or alleged commission of offence, personal financial and social security detail, company, designation, location, password for the Wadiaa platform and any other information provided at the time of registration or at the time of accreditation or service request or delivery.
- Transaction History: Includes any and all information related to service requests, transactions, number of transactions and related date, time and value for services initiated or provided by the Wadiaa platform.
- Device Information: Includes and is not limited to information pertaining to the type of communication device used to access the platform and its services, such as device type, operating system, browser used, IP address, access details such as location or online traffic data, resources utilized, advertisements, linked websites accessed from the Wadiaa platform and other information obtained from cookies used by the platform.
- Collect: In this regard, the acts by which personal data enters or comes under the control of Wadiaa and its representatives.
- Disclosure: In this regard, the acts by which personal data is made available by the Wadiaa platform to authorized service providers in relation to service delivery or to regulatory bodies and their representatives in response to requests received from authorized persons.
Processing: In this regard, the acts by which personal data collected from you is used to identify you as a qualified user or your organization as a qualified entity for provision of services. This may include checking information on law enforcement databases, international anti-money laundering or sanctions watchlists and ascertaining if you are qualified as per regulatory and legal guidelines for service on our platform. The data may also be used to ascertain eligibility to enhanced services and enhanced investment thresholds on our platform. The personal data collected may be processed through contracted third-party platforms that specialize in KYC, KYB and sanctions checks.